- Android (7)
- Anti-virus, Malware, Security (12)
- Backup and Data Recovery (13)
- Blackberry (18)
- Cell Phones (28)
- Computers, Laptops (14)
- DIY Home Projects (2)
- Development, Web Hosting (9)
- Digital Cameras, Camcorders (6)
- Games, Apps (6)
- Movies, Video, DVD (19)
- Open Questions (27)
- Ringtones (8)
- Social Media (14)
- Software (22)
- Travel (9)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes (29)
Can I use my Samsung Galaxy phone as a laptop modem for the internet?
Question: I have a new Samsung Galaxy S i9003 LCD Phone. Can I use this mobile phone as a modem to connect my Laptop to the internet? If it is possible please let me know how.
Answer: The Samsung Galaxy S has it's own built-in wireless access point that you can use to connect your laptop to the internet.
To activate the wifi access point, follow these steps:
1. Tap the menu button on the main screen and select "Settings".
2. Tap "Wireless and Network".
3. Tap "Mobile AP" and activate it by tapping the checkbox in the top right of the screen.
Once the mobile access point has been enabled, you can connect your laptop to it just like you'd connect to any other wifi access point.